Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Songs that remind me Why...

As a worship leader, I am called to prepare and encourage others to worship.  In doing this, I need to know and understand lyrics, to prepare the hearts of those singing for whatever message they are to receive at that time...

and then I woke up this morning, wondering why I awoke so much earlier than usual...wondering why I couldn't sleep so well through the night, I began humming a couple of different songs...and now I feel peace (versus the anxiety I was feeling).



HOSANNA
Heal my heart and make it clean 
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I walk from earth unto Eternity



------------------------------------


God of Justice, Savior to all
Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served

Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give

We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go

To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God

You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give


Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord
---------------------------------------

This second song, God of Justice, will probably be my 'theme song' for this trip...and the thought of that excites me.  Not that its a fast song that gets you hyped up...but the words are challenging and charging to me...and I look forward to the challenges and the charges, both.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23
"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment