Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Quite a few things have been going on, which is why I haven't had a chance to post lately. Just a quick run-down:

*My birthday! I turned 26...again (lol) this past Friday, April 27, and have been asking my friends to forgo getting me a gift, or taking me to dinner, and use those funds as a donation towards my trip. Some of them were able to do so, and I Thank you all, for getting me closer to my mission work!



*Team Red Skype'd the Mudrik family, which was so fun! We got a chance to pray with them, and watch/listen to the kids. We got to discuss alot of the things that they are planning for us to do; got some songs in the Czech language to learn (being the worship leader of our group, THIS is a challenging task!), and things and places we need to see. I am really looking forward to this time of service...even though I m not the greatest at handling hammer and nails...I will still go and give my all!

*Planning our yard sale to continue in raising funds. This Saturday, May 5, Team Red is hosting a yard sale, with all funds going to our fundraising. If you are local, and interested, you are welcome to join us at 8025 Bradshaw Road, Upper Falls, MD 21156 from 8am to 1pm. There will be lots of clothing (and if you really know me, SHOES!), books, DVDs, household items...and that's just what my home has to offer...there are still 7 other members. Please join us, if you're able, and help our cause!

Alright, back to business. I'll be posting another interview here shortly, from a seasoned missions traveler, as well as from another team member. Also, I'm hoping to post more of what we will be doing while in Prague, if allowed.

Either way, please continue to pray for our efforts, for our team, and for all of the teams going on this MO5 adventure. I know, for myself, I will ask that you pray that I keep from being anxious. While I am excited about going, I am also very nervous. I know what the end results will be in all cases, but I still have such a hard time with the actual process leading up to the outcome, and can use your support there.

Thanks so much, and thanks for being faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment