Monday, February 6, 2012

The Marvel that is Technology

 A few days ago I posted THIS BLOG, asking for prayer from my readers, due to the major European snow storm that has taken over.  I mentioned there that I'd be contacting the Mudrik family, encouraging them with prayer, and trying to find out their needs.  I awoke this morning to find this response waiting for me in my email inbox:
----------------------
Hello Yonna,

We are grateful for your prayers.  We are doing well, because we can hide in the warmth of our home. The main humanitarian concern is the homeless in our city. The temperature at night has been around 0 degrees F for the past week or so and some homeless people have died here as well as in the surrounding cities and countries.  People are rallying to get warm clothing, etc to the centers who distribute to the homeless.  There are simply not enough beds in the shelters for all of the homeless people.  The city has set up some huge heated tents and the police has been going around looking for the homeless and taking them there. 

Thank you for remembering us.  Our family is warm and well fed.  We are grateful.
Marek and Elaine
-------------------
Sometimes, when I think of Europe, I think of this magical place across a giant ocean where everything is amazing, beautiful,  and historic.  I never really think about the issues that they may have over there that we experience here in America, and that included homelessness.  Of course, the homeless are never mentioned on tourism webpages, or travel brochures, and I will admit that it never occurred to me that the same things I see in Baltimore happen in Prague as well.

Please continue to pray for this region.  Pray that everyone can find shelter, and that their needs will be met.  I am grateful to hear that the Mudrik family is taken care of, and pray that in their wealth of food and warmth, that they can continue being a light to their neighbors, and are able to meet their needs as well.

God is so great!  His grace is sufficient (2Cor12:9), and His mercies are new every (snowy) morning!
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for him. (Lamen3:22-24)


No comments:

Post a Comment