Monday, February 27, 2012

A Quick Check in...

I know its been a minute, but believe me, I am still doing his work.

I have gone to the doctor,and let him know that I am going on this trip.  He checked his information, and because the Czech Republic is well developed, I shouldn't need any special medications or shots or anything.  If I am feeling unsure, he referred me to a travel medicine center for a check up. (Unfortunately, this center isn't covered by my insurance, so unless a flex spending account would cover its payment, I won't be going.  Just being honest.)  He has put me on different meds for my asthma, to make sure that is regulated well, ensuring that I won't have problems while there.  Also, I have been working out, and he's put me on a strict diet and I've undergone blood work to rule out a few different issues within me.  Basically, I want to be as healthy as possible when I get there, so I can focus on what I need to: serving.

On Wednesday, I meet again with my team.  From what I've heard, we have grown from a team of 7 to a team of 10, and I am excited to meet the new members.  It was also mentioned that someone of these new members is a master carpenter, which is great...because I can put together IKEA products, and hang pictures well...but that's the extent of my carpentry expertise, lol.

I will also get an update on fundraising.  I have humbly mailed and emailed fundraising efforts, I have made a Facebook page; I have even added a link on this blog (in the upper left hand corner, check it out!) requesting donations.  It is my hope that in supporting this blog, you are also willing to give as you can to this mission trip.  I will be sending personal thank you's as soon as I am notified of my donors, and I look forward to writing everyone.

There is much to do!  Just looking at the date, 4months from today, my team and I will be there, and working for His good! EXCITING!

Again, I thank you for your support.  If there is anything you want to ask, suggest or if you just want me to know you've stopped by, please comment.  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Mark 1:17...when He said 'Follow Me", who knew I'd be following Him to Europe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment