Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Just a word...

Have you ever felt like you were "jipped by God"?  Like God gave you something, but it turned into a 'womp womp' situation?  Heard yourself saying "C'mon God...REALLY?"


(...sharing this from personal experience...)


Were you jipped by God?  Did you pray for something, and only got some/part of it?  Did you lay your expectations before him, and He not come through the way you wanted?


NO. (<<THAT was a period)


No...He answered your prayer.  And you got what you asked for (maybe more, but were so blind that you didn't see it for what it was!).  It just wasn't what you Thought, Expected or Hoped it would be.  But know the truth: HE ANSWERS PRAYER*.  He knows the desires of your heart** and never gives you more than you can bear***, nor does He harm you****!

Just as an example, for examples sake...remember how I prayed specifically, "Send me where I can best serve Your needs", which to me, meant Nairobi, Kenya...yet here I am going to Prague?  Yeah...that was one of those  "jipped by God" moments.  Amen though, I was able to get over myself, and I am completely fired up that He truly answered every word that I prayed specifically.


What are some of your 'jipped by God' moments?  Were you able to see what He has done for you, as opposed to what He did not do?  Howso?


*Matt 21:22:  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
**Psalm 21:2: You have granted him his heart's desire and have not withheld the request of his lips; Psalm 37:4: Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desire's of your heart.
*** Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you..."
****1Corinthians 10:13: ...And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear...

Correction!  Within that last scripture there, 1Cor10:13, it does state that He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear...not "He will not give you more than you can bear".  As my friend Juniper stated to me " actually it never says that in the Bible. We WILL have more than we can bear on our own sometimes, because otherwise we wouldn't need Him! We won't ever have temptation beyond what we can bear though. He will always provide a way out of temptation. Our study said this is one of the most misquoted verses by Christians (myself included!)".  Thanks so much, Juniper for that clarification!

No comments:

Post a Comment